- All the participants in this intercomparison can use Ninomiya House as the accommodation. Ninomiya House is the residence for foreign researchers managed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency and is located about 10 minutes by bus from the venue (the Aerological Observatory).
- Each room of Ninomiya House has 1 bedroom, living, and kitchen. The internet modem is installed in each room as a standard fixture. The wireless LAN modem is installed in the library of Ninomiya House. Each room is used by one or two participants.
- Room rate per day is 2,860 yen per room (a room used by one participant) or 3,745 yen per room (a room used by two participants) and includes an 8% consumption tax and community facility fee.
Utilities (gas, electricity, water, etc.) aren't included in this rate. This rate must be paid in cash with Japanese yen.
- There are no restaurants/coffee shops nor kiosk inside Ninomiya House. Participants need to go out for a meal or to buy food materials for cooking in the room.
- Address, telephone, and fax number of Ninomiya House are as follows.
Address: 1-6-2 Ninomiya Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0051 Japan
TEL: +81-29-858-7000, FAX: +81-29-858-7011
Office Hours : 09:00 - 12:00 / 13:00 - 17:00
- If you need more information, please visit Ninomiya House's website at http://www.jsthouse.com/ninomiya/index.htm.
Access from Tsukuba Center to Ninomiya House
- Take a bus (No. 4) for "Hitachinoushiku" at Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal and get off at the bus stop "Ninomiya 3 chome". It takes about 5 minutes and costs 170 yen. The bus schedule is available for download (http://ds.data.jma.go.jp/wcc/dobson/dict2016/bus-timetable.pdf).
- From Ninomiya 3 chome, walk to Ninomiya House for a few minutes.
- The distance between Tsukuba Center and Ninomiya House is about 2.3 km.