- The Aerological Observatory, the venue of DIC-T2016, is one of the auxiliary institutes of JMA.
- The Aerological Observatory observes the upper atmosphere, the ozone layer, and the solar radiation by using captive balloons, radiosondes, and other instruments. Moreover, this institute functions as a technical center for studies on the upper atmosphere.
- The measuring space of the intercomparison is on the rooftop of the Aerological Observatory.
- Address and telephone of the Aerological Observatory are as follows.
Address: 1-2 Nagamine Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0052 Japan
Office Hours : 08:30 - 12:00 / 13:00 - 17:00
- If you need more information, please visit the Aerological Observatory's website at http://www.jma-net.go.jp/kousou/index-e.html.
Access from Ninomiya House to the Aerological Observatory
- "Ninomiya House" is the accommodation for all the participants in this intercomparison (refer to "Accommodation" page for more detail).
- Take a bus for "Hitachinoushiku" at the bus stop "Ninomiya 3 chome" and get off at the bus stop "Kishou Kenkyujo". It takes about 5 minutes and costs 170 yen. The bus schedule is available for download (http://ds.data.jma.go.jp/wcc/dobson/dict2016/bus-timetable.pdf).
- From Kishou Kenkyujo, walk to the Aerological Observatory for a few minutes.
- The distance between Ninomiya House and the Aerological Observatory is about 2.8 km.