Himawari-8, -9/AHI VIS/NIR Vicarious Calibration with Aqua, Terra/Modis
Press the button to get the estimated calibration coefficients time series csv file (Please select MODIS data before download).
- Validation using MODIS L1B Collection 5 (C5) is no longer conducted due to the discontinuation of C5 data publication by NASA. As of March 2017, statistical analysis appearing here is performed exclusively using MODIS L1B C6 data (as opposed to the previous C5 and C6 usage).
- The MODIS L1B C5-based validation results appearing here were reprocessed and replaced on 16 March 2017 due to the previous application of an erroneous parameter in simulation. The slope difference between the correct and erroneous coefficients is less than or around 0.01 for Band 1 to Band 5 and less than 0.03 for Band 6, with the correct values being lower. The difference between the correct and erroneous intercepts is in the order of 10-4.
- "Number" in the scatter plot chart represents the total sample number (ocean + water cloud targets). Colors for the water cloud target represent density, with red showing the densest data. The intercept value in the regression process is provisionally assumed to be zero for Band 1 and Band 2.
- "Number (Day)" in number of sampled points chart represents the daily number of sampled points for each target type. The blue and black lines show ocean and water cloud targets, respectively.
- Himawari-9 results include its in-orbit test in Feb. 2017 and other non-operational observations (e.g. health check) in the following standby period.
- For technical information on this vicarious calibration approach, see the Visible and Near-Infrared Vicarious Calibration Guide.