Monthly Highlights on the Climate System
'Monthly Highlights on the Climate System' has been issued in PDF format since March 2007 as a monthly bulletin focusing on the monthly highlights of the monitoring results.
Highlights in February 2017
- The monthly anomaly of the global average surface temperature was the second warmest since 1891.
- In the equatorial Pacific, remarkably positive SST anomalies were observed in the western part.
- Convective activity was enhanced over the area from the South China Sea to the seas east of the Philippines.
- A wave train was seen from northern Europe to East Asia with negative anomalies over Western Siberia.
- Monthly sunshine durations were significantly above normal on the Pacific side of western Japan.
Full version (PDF)
If you would like to subscribe to Monthly Highlights on the Climate System, please send an email to
with your name, affiliation, country and email address.
Tokyo Climate Center, Climate Prediction Division, 1-3-4 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
Copyright(C) 2002. Japan Meteorological Agency.
- Legal Notice